Yet another outbreak of nauseating odors at the school campus in Waldport at just after 10am today. Reports indicate that four children were transported for medical evaluation. Details are sketchy as school maintenance staff try to figure out where the smell is coming from.
Later in the morning, reports say that the students were allowed to go back in to their classrooms. But shortly thereafter there was another evacuation due to another odor outbreak. A number of parents have reportedly gone to the school and taken their children home.
Central Coast Fire Chief Gary Woodson says his crews combed the area that was reported to be filled with the smell/odor and couldn’t detect anything but clear air. A test of the facilities was conducted with Carbon Monoxide detectors. The detectors recorded ZERO gases. Even the school’s recently installed Carbon Monoxide detectors registered ZERO. Facilities Manager Rich Belloni has been leaning in the direction of a mold problem that’s built up in the school as happened about 10 years ago that required a big removal operation.
No word yet on what’s next.