The Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians is deeply saddened to report the tragic loss of one of our children, Brynden Daniel. Brynden touched the hearts and lives of many of our tribal and community members and his loss weighs heavy on all of our hearts.
The family’s loss of this child follows behind the recent loss of his uncle, Jesse Daniel. This has left the family with the reality of the vast expense of having to pay for two funerals within a short period of time.
There is no greater loss than that of a child, and in recognition of this our tribal community is dedicated to wrapping this family up in as much love and support as possible. This Friday, Tribal members and employees, will be gathering to support the family through an Indian Taco feed. Funds can also be donated through:
* Columbia Bank in Newport: memorial fund for Brynden
* In person drop site of Siletz: Siletz Community Health Clinic Front Desk-Judith Imbler
Indian Taco Feed will be held at the Community Center on Friday November 9, 2018
Lunch will be 11am – 1:00pm, Dinner will be 4pm-6:00pm
Tacos are $7.00 each and include a beverage. Family meal deal available for dinner: consists of 5 tacos for $30
It is our deep belief that as a tribe what happens to one affects us all. If this loss has touched a wound within your own heart, remember that we have people available to help. If you find yourself in need of comfort:
* Siletz Behavioral Health Crisis Line- Lines for Life : 1-800-273-8255 or Text 237TALK
* Siletz CARE Trauma Support Groups- Wednesday at 5:30 pm, please utilize the behavioral health entrance.
* My Sister’s Place Trauma Support Group- Newport OR, the Avery Building., every Wednesday from 11am-1pm in the Burrows Room.