Letter of Support for Doug Hunt Candidacy for Lincoln Co. Commission
October 21, 2018
Because I’ve had the opportunity to work with our county government from not only a city perspective, but also from that of health care, economic development, school district, and chamber involvement, I’d like to share five reasons I believe Doug Hunt is a “keeper” as one of our three county commissioners:
1. Doug’s been our commissioner for just six years, and he’s made good use of those years to broaden and deepen his understanding of our county and those challenges we face. Change now just for change’s sake wastes our taxpayer investment in Doug!
2. Doug brings the only solid financial background to the commission and adds that important balance to the considerable talents of the other commissioners, considerably strengthening that body’s ability to make better decisions on our behalf — clearly shown in our county’s improving financial position.
3. In addition to his career, Doug has consistently made time for volunteering, whether on complex boards like the Lincoln County School Board and the county’s Budget Committee or lower profile opportunities like Little League and chambers of commerce. These experiences have also enhanced his understanding of and connection to our communities.
4. Doug consistently shows his determination to be available in all parts of our county, and attends a wide range of gatherings and events where he listens keenly to us, talks thoughtfully about issues we are experiencing, and follows through with any commitments he makes.
5. As a resident in a mostly rural part of our county, I appreciate that Doug also lives in rural east county and understands the issues that more heavily impact our areas. This perspective is often lost on those who live in and govern from within our larger cities.
These are the most important reasons I am voting for Doug, and I urge you to vote to keep the benefit that we have from his experienced leadership!
Mayor, City of Waldport