A woman tending to an outside burn pile was burned this afternoon when something inside the pile exploded, showers the woman was fire and sparks. Initial reports from the scene say the woman was burned on her face, arms and hands.
Arriving fire-rescue from Lincoln City said the burns are not severe. Life Flight out of Newport that was ready to launch to the scene was told to stand-down (cancel).
Lesson: Be sure you know what’s in a burn pile. Even “empty” pressurized gas bottles or containers can explode with very little material inside them.