The cause of the fire was determined to be combustibles stored on a stove cooktop which was accidentally left on. Newport Fire Department reminds everyone to regularly test smoke detectors, never leave cooking appliances on and unattended, and never use the stove cooktop to store combustible materials.
Report of a fire at The Landing a 897 Bay Blvd. Arriving unit says no smoke showing.
One fire unit is staging at a fire hydrant.
Fire confirmed in room 208, in the kitchen area. Fire sprinklers are activated.
Chief Rob Murphy has asked Seal Rock, Depoe Bay and Toledo Fire Departments to provide backup station coverage while Newport tackles the The Landing fire.
The fire is out. But the room needs a lot of mop up.