U.S. 101 improvements open house scheduled
Come discuss plans for SE 32nd – SE 35th in Newport
Newport and South Beach area residents are invited to discuss plans to improve the U.S. 101 traveling experience south of the Yaquina Bay Bridge. An open house for the project is scheduled for June 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray, 3400 SW Abalone St., South Beach.
The project will:
* Add new sidewalks and bike lanes
* Remove the existing traffic signal at the U.S.101 and 32nd St intersection
* Construct a new traffic signal at the U.S.101 and 35th St intersection
* Construct new 35th St connections to SW Anchor Way and to SE Ferry Slip Road
* Stormwater treatment facilities
This $4.1 million project is scheduled for construction in summer and fall 2018.