In preparation for the current series of storms and others that are sure to develop over the course of the next few months, Pacific Power has put together a list of things you should have on hand:
* Battery-operated radio and clock
* Extra batteries
* Non-perishable foods
* Manual can opener
* Bottled water
If a power outage occurs, electrical customers should first check their fuses and circuit breakers. If the power failure is not caused inside the home or business, customers should report the outage to Pacific Power at 1-877-508-5088 or Central Lincoln Public Utility District at 1-866-484-3783.
To ease the inconvenience of power outages and assist crews in restoring power, use the following tips and safety precautions as a guideline:
* Stay away from all downed power lines and utility lines. Even if the lines are not sparking, they could be energized and extremely dangerous. Call 911 and report the outage to Pacific Power at 1-877-508-5088 or Central Lincoln Public Utility District at 1-866-484-3783.
* Don’t drive over downed power lines.
* Turn on your porch light. After crews complete repairs, they patrol the area of the power failure to see if lights are on.
* Check on your neighbors, especially those who may need special assistance. Also, check with others who have electricity, to see if you can visit.
* Keep mobile devices charged so that may be used in an emergency.