Sidewalks and bike lanes coming on U.S. 101
Construction begins next week in Yachats
YACHATS — Beginning next week, new continuous sidewalks and bike lanes will be constructed in Yachats on U.S. 101, Pacific Coast Highway, between 7th Street and Ocean View Drive.
The project will improve parking along U.S. 101 and add parking on city streets, provide streetscape amenities, add crosswalks and flashing crosswalk warning lights, improve signage and drainage, underground utilities and implement an access management strategy. These improvements will make it safer to walk and bike in Yachats.
The project will be constructed in the winter/spring months to minimize impacts to area businesses, and will be completed for just over $2 million. $1.54 million was obtained in 2013 through a grant from the Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Program, and the remaining funds come from state and local funds.
Here’s further information from Yachats City Hall:
HWY 101 PROJECT TO START Monday, September 19th
Mobilization and job-set up for the Yachats Hwy 101 project is now set for Monday, Sept. 19, between 2nd and 7th Streets on Hwy 101. A week later, storm drain work will begin on the north end of the city, followed by storm drain work on the south end. It will be about 4-5 weeks before the undergrounding of utilities will begin and the PUD work on utilities will last through January.
Work on the C&K Market site is projected for February, with mobilization and job set up for asphalt and concrete work beginning about the first week of March 2017. ALL planned dates are subject to change, due to adverse weather, product availability and scheduling conflicts.
Thank you for your patience during the construction period.
ADDITIONAL – TENTATIVE – SCHEDULE DATES: 09/19/16 –
* Mobilize and set up in Yachats 09/26/16 – Begin work on north end storm drain 10/10/16 – Begin work on south end storm drain 10/24/16 –
* Franchise utility install 12/05/16 –
* PUD work 02/06/17 –
* C&K Market – north half 02/13/17 – C&K Market – south half 02/27/17 –
* Mobilize and set up in Yachats 03/06/17 – East side, 7th to 5th Streets 03/15/17 –
* East side, 4th to 3rd Streets 03/29/17 – East side, 3rd to 2nd Streets (end) 04/05/17 –
* East side, asphalt patching 04/05/17 – West side, 7th to 5th Streets 04/12/17 –
* West side, 5th to 3rd Streets 04/24/17 – West side, 3rd to 2nd Streets (end) 05/08/17 –
* West side, asphalt patching 05/15/17 – Stripe/Signs/Clean-up Please keep in mind that ALL dates are tentative and may be affected by adverse weather, project delays, etc.