Learn to Use MyChart Patient Portal at Free Seminar
Being an informed member of your health care team is an important part of staying healthy. Online patient portals offered by many health care organizations, including Samaritan Health Services, can be helpful tools–if you take advantage of all the features.
Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital is hosting a seminar on the MyChart patient portal Thursday, Aug. 11, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Health Professions Education Center. At this free seminar, participants will learn how to use the easy and secure MyChart patient portal to make appointments, see test results, reach their health goals and more. If you are a Samaritan patient, or even if you have tests done at a Samaritan hospital laboratory, you can benefit from knowing how to use MyChart.
Among the topics to be covered at the seminar are:
* Signing up for MyChart
* Sending a message to your doctor
* Requesting an appointment or a medication refill
* E-Visits (electronic visits for minor issues)
* Viewing test results and visit summaries, including physician notes
* Paying your bill
* Setting up proxy access to allow someone else to have access to your MyChart or being able to access a child’s account
This same seminar will be offered in Newport, at the Center for Health Education, 740 SW Ninth St., Thursday, Oct. 13, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Registration is required and space is limited. To register, visit SamHealth.org/BeHealthy or call 1-855-873-0647.