North Lincoln Fire-Rescue was called to the Pelican Shores Inn on SW Inlet this morning on a report of a dryer fire. Firefighters pulled up to see the facility evacuated and smoke pouring out of the facility laundry room. A dryer was the source of the fire.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and set about trying to figure out what went wrong. Damage was minimal. Firefighters say it can be from a number of things including the overheating of what’s being dried as well as clogged lint filters. No specific cause has yet been determined.