Update on hearing technologies!
Le’Anne McEachern, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Smart phones, smart hearing aids!
Today there are so many wireless, smart technologies going into hearing aids! Hearing aids are small, comfortable and SMART! Sophisticated computer processing allows for hearing instruments to automatically adjust for noisy backgrounds – for quiet or to literally zoom-in on a desired sound or voice. Some of the latest advancements in hearing instruments include:
* Wireless transmission of telephone signal into both hearing aids simultaneously for amazing clarity.
* Moisture resistant and water proof instruments- factory warranty.
* Open Ear fitting: natural, comfortable, cosmetically acceptable, highly successful.
* Automatic and “manual override”, customized for the hearing loss and lifestyle.
* New programs for wind noise control, conversations in a car and listening to music.
* Rechargeable batteries are now an option in hearing instruments.
Bluetooth technologies offer amazing clarity for television and telephone – WIRELESSLY. For television the signal is wirelessly received into both hearing aids. Some instruments have an application for a cell phone. A cell phone can function as a remote control allowing for discrete volume settings or selecting custom programs in the instruments. Best of all, most of these new features operate seamlessly without the wearer needing to push buttons or manipulate controls. “User satisfaction” for hearing instruments has risen due to increased comfort and these features.
Compelling research shows the overwhelming value of hearing aid use to improve brain health for those with hearing loss.
We offer demonstration fittings of hearing instruments at no cost or obligation. We invite you to “test drive” these new technologies and hear what you have been missing!
Audiology and Hearing Aid Center, Seatowne Shopping Center, 1622 N Coast Hwy, just south of Fred Meyer, Newport 541.272.5015.