The local AARP Tax-Aide Program provides free electronic filing of Federal and Oregon state income tax returns for middle and low-income taxpayers. Started in 1968, AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free, volunteer run tax preparation program serving millions of taxpayers. Tax-Aide volunteers are available to prepare current year, prior year or amended returns, determine whether or not you need to file a return, or answer any other tax questions you might have. AARP membership is not a requirement to receive assistance and no appointment is necessary.
Assistance is available at three locations in Lincoln County:
NEWPORT: Newport 60+ Center, 20 SE 2nd Street, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm every Tuesday and Thursday from February 2 through April 14.
WALDPORT: Washington Federal Savings Bank, 325 NW Hemlock Street, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm every Tuesday and Wednesday from February 2 through April 13.
LINCOLN CITY: Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 Oar Place, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm every Tuesday and Thursday from February 2 through April 14.
What to bring with you:
* NEW THIS YEAR: 2014 Oregon tax liability to determine amount of “kicker” refund
Form 1095-A, if you purchased health insurance through the Marketplace
* Photo Identification for taxpayer and spouse (mandatory)
* Social Security cards or ITIN letters for every person on the return (mandatory)
* W-2 forms from each employer
* W2-G if you had gambling winnings
* All 1099 forms (SSA, INT, DIV, MISC, B, G, R, etc.) and all 1098 forms
* All forms indicating federal or state income tax paid
* Dependent care provider identification
* Itemized deductions for Schedule A
* Routing and bank account numbers for directly depositing refund
* Copy of last year’s tax return
* Any other paperwork that you think might be helpful
For answers to tax questions visit: www.irs.gov and www.oregon.gov/dor
For more information call Darlene at 541-265-8298.