WEATHER IN LINCOLN COUNTY

lazerrose title=

audiology title=

barrelhead

prp

oceancreek

Coast Tree

Sema Roofing

wandr

occc

audiology title=

barrelhead
prp

oceancreek

Coast Tree

Sema Roofing

wandr

occc


barrelhead


Coast Tree

flocs

Motorhome ablaze at 3011 E. Alsea Highway – Improper propane installation.

Definitely a big fire! As seen two miles away by Neill Crawford

Definitely a big fire!
As seen two miles away by Neill Crawford

Motorhome fire triggered by propane tank explosion.

Motorhome fire triggered by propane tank explosion.

Owner was alseep in bed when the blast went off.

Owner was alseep in bed when the blast went off.

A leaky propane fuel line near a pilot light set the whole thing off.

A leaky propane fuel line near a pilot light set the whole thing off.

4:01pm
A mobile home is fully engulfed in flames at a trailer park at 3011 East Alsea Highway. The fire was reportedly preceded by an explosion of a propane tank. The occupants got out okay. Central Coast Fire, Seal Rock Fire, and Yachats Fire are responding.

4:10pm
Another mobile home to the west of the burning home is starting to smoke from the heat. Central Coast firefighters are trying to keep the fire from spreading to other nearby homes.

4:13pm
Yachats Fire on scene to assist.

4:15pm
Seal Rock Fire on scene. Fire apparatus staging on the highway to access a hydrant.

4:16pm
Central Coast firefighter reporting a possible burn victim. Yachats ambulance is responding.

4:19pm
Firefighters have mostly knocked down the blaze and are going into overhaul to ensure the fire is out.

4:36pm
1 older male has been displaced by the fire. Yachats medics requesting red cross be contacted.

4:45pm
No need for the burn victim to be transported to the hospital.

5:06pm
All fire units are leaving the scene.

When they were done mopping up, fire investigators talked with the owner who suffered only minor burns. They learned that it was the first time that propane had been hooked up to the motorhome in about eight or nine years. A close look at the propane tank valve and line leading to the motorhome led investigators to believe that the tank was not property installed and the lines were not properly connected and that a gas leak near the heater, with a pilot light going, ignited a large cloud of gas causing a big explosion and fire.

Firefighters remind everyone, that an improperly installed propane gas heater or stove can erupt anytime – and is often fatal. They urge hiring a licensed contractor to properly install propane equipment in motorhomes or any homes for that matter.

barrelhead


Coast Tree

flocs

Coast Tree

flocs

Coast Tree

flocs

nlcad

Follow-us-tile