Drivers should prepare for winter driving, have chains and know how to install.
Before travel consult the forecast which calls for continuing winter weather conditions at Tripcheck.com.
As of 12:30 p.m. Sunday, highways conditions in southwest Oregon are as follows:
* I-5 Canyon Mountain area, south of Canyonville – no current chain restrictions
* I-5 Siskiyou’s, south of Ashland. Chains still required on all vehicles except 4×4.
Expect delays from the chain requirement and various crashes and spin outs. ODOT/OSP is working the mountain.
* Oregon 138E, 12 miles east of Glide; Oregon 230 and Oregon 62 from MP 57-65, all remain closed due to downed trees, powerlines and slides.
* Oregon 255 (Carpenterville Highway) near Brookings is closed on its south end, between MP 357-362 due to a washout and slide.
* U.S. 101 Douglas, Coos and Curry Counties: watch for high water in various locations.