North Lincoln Fire Rescue is enroute to a report of an oven fire that is possibly igniting the home’s kitchen at 7407 Salmon River Highway. Residents say the oven fire grew so large (above the stove) they evacuated the home.
Fire’s out. Quick-footed firefighter assaulted the blaze with a fire extinguisher – and it did the trick. Cause of the fire turned out to be a mouse. It had built a nest under the stove and the nest caught fire, which caused a secondary fire. So the fire is out and there’s no sign of the mouse. Looks like it had a good “nest fire” evacuation plan.