WINNERS ANNOUNCED for the 2016 NEWPORT CALENDAR
Newport Lazerquick announces the winners in the 2016 Newport, Oregon Calendar contest which includes a cover that is photographer Kerry Terrel’s striking departure from standard fare imagery of the grand dame of Oregon Coast bay and river crossings – the Yaquina Bay Bridge.
This is the twelfth year Lazerquick has published the calendar and the seventh year that they have produced the Newport Calendar using photos submitted by members of the community. This year they have two editions, 1) with events happening in Newport and tide tables and 2) with tide tables only. Both provide great information for helping people schedule their trips and recreation in Newport.
The photographers of Lincoln County have excelled showing Newport in its various seasons, activities and beauty. This year 30 photographers submitted multiple images of Newport. Lazerquick’s Rose Reed said “We wished we could have used them all. After much reflection we are pleased to announce the following selections:
* Cover – 4th of July Yaquina Bay Bridge – Kerry Terrel
* January– Harbor Moon – Jake Chanley
* February– Heron on the Hunt – Bill Posner
* March– The Arch of Nye Beach – Kit O’Carra
* April– Colors of Dawn – Michael Lazott
* May– Daytrip to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse – Kevilyn Goodman
* June– Morning Glow Over Yaquina Bay-Christian Flores-Muñoz
* July– Fireworks Over Yaquina Bay – Kevin Redding
* August– Dock at the Embarcadero – Thom Zerhfeld
* September– South Jetty– Hilary Schaffner
* October– A Gathering of the Guys – Jon Lynch
* November– Shining Bright – Yaquina Head Lighthouse – Mark Fuller
* December– Christmas Crab in Newport – Ken Gagne
Reed added “We’re very happy and proud to publish this calendar. The photographs are printed on acid free cover paper and are works of art. They can be framed after using the calendar. People tell us they love to show their friends and family this beautiful place where we live.”
The Newport 2016 Calendar is offered for $15.00 at Lazerquick, 145-C North Coast Highway, Newport 97365, at the junction of Highways 101 and 20, on the north side of JC Market. The calendars can be ordered by calling 541.265.6425 or by email: email@example.com. There are discounts when multiple copies are ordered. Shipping and handling $5.
Reed added, “We want to again express our gratitude to all of our professional as well as budding amateur photographers for sharing their artistic imagery as they capture the essence of where we live, work and play here on the Oregon Coast.
We encourage everyone to visit the many art galleries along the Central Coast where some of our photographers have their works proudly displayed, clearly revealing why we call the Newport area our home.