A young man this week found himself parked outside the church at South Beach when he noticed smoke coming up from under his hood. He popped it open and saw a live fire burning away. He immediately grabbed a bucket and raced over to a deep mud puddle, scooped up some water and doused the flames.
Now, there are many who would urge not to use water on a car fire, what with all the electrical wiring interwoven with a car engine. But in this case he dodged the odds and put the fire out. No word on a cause.