VACANCY ON THE BAYFRONT COMMERCIAL PARKING DISTRICT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The City of Newport is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on the Bayfront Commercial Parking District Advisory Committee. The Committee typically meets twice annually with additional meetings as needed.
The Bayfront Commercial Parking District Advisory Committee is charged with developing a plan to allocate revenues for various improvement projects including:
* parking improvements on available public or private land and undeveloped right-of-way;
* leasing private parking lots for public or employee use with a focus on lots that are underutilized;
* improving signage and striping; enhancing the streetscape and sidewalks to encourage pedestrian access;
* supporting transportation alternatives such as shuttles, bus systems, and bicycles;
* developing and or enhancing seasonal pay parking and time limitations in select areas;
* and other activities identified by the Committee.
Anyone interested in serving on this Committee should apply using the city’s committee application which is found on the city website at www.newportoregon.gov; click on “City;” then on “Committees;” and then on “Application for Committee/Commission.”
The completed form can be submitted electronically. Copies of the committee application form can also be obtained by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 169 SW Coast Highway, Newport, Oregon 97365, or by calling 541.574.0613.
The application deadline is Tuesday, November 10, 2015. The appointment will be made by the Mayor and ratified by the City Council at its meeting of November 16, 2015.