Burn Ban Lifted for North Lincoln Fire District
As of today, Wednesday, October 14th the seasonal burn ban has been lifted for North Lincoln Fire & Rescue District #1 for burn piles 3′ x 2′ and burn barrels outside of Lincoln City limits.
To burn debris in the Districts you are required obtain a Burn Permit; the permits are issued at both the Taft Station and Bob Everest Station (in Oceanlake) in Lincoln City free of charge and are good during burn season for five years.
A few things to remember prior to burning:
* You must have a burn permit and call information recording at 541-996-1008 for current conditions.
* There is no burning within Lincoln City’s city limits.
* A water source and hand tools must be readily available on scene at the time of the burn.
* Burn piles are not to exceed 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high and must be at least 25 feet from any structure.
* Burn barrels must be 15 feet from any structure.
* For backyard burning there must be a 10 foot firebreak around the burn pile or barrel.
* Do not burn under low overhanging trees.
* Do not burn if winds exceed 15 miles per hour.
* Do not burn before sunup or after sundown.
* FIRE MUST BE CONSTANTLY ATTENDED UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY OUT!
For further information contact:
Bob Everest Station at 541-994-3100 or Taft Station at 541-996-2233!