The early start sales of recreational marijuana begins Thursday, October 1 under the regulatory oversight of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). The Oregon Legislature, during the 2015 legislative session, passed legislation directing the OHA to temporarily oversee the sale of limited quantities of recreational marijuana (flower and dry leaf products, plants, and seeds) through medical marijuana dispensaries. See list below of sales outlets in the region.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) will begin accepting recreational marijuana license applications this coming January 4th. The OLCC is focused on developing the licensing process and permanent regulatory framework for recreational marijuana. OLCC staff is working on creating Oregon Administrative Rules for regulating the legalized marijuana industry; the Commission is expected to approve these temporary Rules in late October.
Applicants for an OLCC recreational marijuana license (Grower, Laboratory, Processor, Wholesaler, Research, Retailer), that hold a license in the OHA medical marijuana and/or recreational marijuana program must comply with OHA regulations and be in good standing with the OHA to receive an OLCC recreational marijuana license.
Those purchasing marijuana need to be aware that recreational marijuana currently is not required to be tested for pesticide residue. The OLCC recreational marijuana licensing program, that takes effect in 2016, will include requirements for pesticide testing.
Recreational Marijuana will be available in:
* Lincoln City – Pipe Dreams, 1745 SW 101, Suite C
* Lincoln City – Lincoln City Collective, 1266 SW 50th
* Lincoln City – Pacific Wave Resource Center, 1543 NW 19th
* Lincoln City – Renee’s Herb Shop – 3203 SW Hwy 101
* Newport – Canna Medicine, 157 NW 15th
* Newport – NBHH, 861 NW Beach
* Newport – The Medication Station
* Newport – I & I, 452 SW Bay Blvd
* Waldport – Coastal Cannabinoids, 1466 SW Pacific Coast Highway (U.S. 101)
* Waldport – Waldport Cannabis, 250 SW Hwy 101
* Toledo – Going Green West Coast, 41 Olalla Road (near intersection of Olalla Road and Highway 20, east of Toledo.