July first is barely two weeks away – an historical day in Oregon – the day that possessing and using limited quantities of recreational marijuana will be perfectly legal. However it won’t be legal to go hog-wild about it.
Here’s a list of the rules that pertain to recreational marijuana starting July 1st. Other rules and laws are being contemplated by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.
• You can carry on your person recreational marijuana if you are 21 or older. If you’re not 21, you could go to jail.
• You can use recreational marijuana at home or on private property. Public use is illegal. That means you can’t walk down a public street or sidewalk and smoke it.
• You can possess up to 8 ounces of useable marijuana in your home and up to 1 ounce outside the home.
• Driving under the influence of marijuana remains illegal.
• You can grow up to 4 plants in your home but it’s got to be out of public view.
• You can share or give away recreational marijuana. But you can’t sell it or buy it until licensed retail shops open.
• Any marijuana in your possession cannot be transported to another state – including Washington.
• You can make edible products at home or receive them as gifts, but you must still consume them in private places – not in public.
Other marijuana rules and regs are still being worked on in Salem. To keep up to date on the latest do’s and don’t’s just go to: WhatsLegalOregon.com or just click here.