From KYAQ 91.7 FM staff and supporters
KYAQ will hold its first ever on-air membership/fund drive April 20 – 26. The goal will be to sign up a minimum of 200 people who will commit to a recurring donation of at least $10/month. That’s $2400, enough to cover all of our monthly expenses. KYAQ is still an all volunteer operation but we have tower rent, studio rent, phone and internet, insurance, licensing fees for Pacifica Radio and music, etc. If we know that our monthly expenses are covered, we’ll have solid ground to stand on to continue moving forward.
HOURS FOR LIVE ON-AIR KYAQ 91.7 MEMBERSHIP DRIVE APRIL 20-26
Monday, April 20 8am – 2pm
Tuesday, April 21 Noon – 6pm
Wednesday, April 22 9am – 9pm (Special EARTH DAY programming)
Thursday, April 23 9am – 3pm
Friday, April 24 9am-Noon; 5pm-8pm
Saturday, April 25 3pm-9pm
Sunday, April 26 10am-4pm
Please let us know by return email if you can volunteer for any of these times. (One or more hour shifts.) Or call 541-264-5917.
If you already know that KYAQ 91.7 is a valuable asset for our community, here’s how you can help:
1) Become a Sustaining Member of KYAQ. Go the KYAQ website, click the donate button, and make a recurring donation of $10 (or more) per month. Many of you contributed to KYAQ in the past, making it possible to build the transmitter, and get the station operational by our construction permit deadline. Those of you who are already Sustaining Members have been the life-blood of keeping us on the air for this long. Now we need everyone’s ongoing help so we have an income we can count on. (If you can afford to make a larger, one-time donation as well, we will put it to good use!) By the way, we’re offering a premium to the first 200 people who sign up as Sustaining Members at $10/month or more: “Rent a KYAQ (kyak) for a day.”
And remember that Firebare, which holds the license for KYAQ, is a 501(c)(3) corporation so your donations are tax deductible.
Call KYAQ: 541-264-5917
2) Volunteer to come into the studio and help with the fund drive. We especially need those of you who are willing to come on the air for brief segments, talk about how important you think KYAQ is for the coast and encourage people to become members. We also need volunteers to answer the phones and process donations. The hours of the on-air portion of the membership drive are below.
3) Promote the fund drive. Visit the KYAQ 91.7 facebook page and repost Membership Drive related posts. Spread the word. If you think $10/month is worth having the kind of programming KYAQ offers, tell people.
4) Talk to civic and organization leaders you know to volunteer to come on the air and encourage listeners to become sustaining members.
5) Listen to KYAQ 91.7 during the membership drive, encourage your friends to do so as well, and enjoy the special programming we have planned. Listen especially on Earth Day, Wed. April 23 for a day of special environmental programming.
If you’d like to help with the fundraiser call Bridget Wolf, 541-264-5917.