The Newport Public Library will offer the following FREE computer classes during the month of February.
· Making Valentines with “Publisher” software will be offered Friday, February 6 at 9:00AM. This class will show how to select card styles and graphics to make unique, individual cards.
· Introduction to “Evernote” will be taught on Friday, February 13 at 9:00AM. This class shows how to get organized by keeping track of lists, notes, websites, and more. At 10:00AM Introduction to Facebook will be taught. This class covers how to create an account, add friends, “like” pages, and protect your privacy.
· On Tuesday, February 17, Beginning Excel will be taught at 6:30PM. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 7:30PM. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
· Beginning Excel will be taught again at on Friday, February 20 at 9:00AM and Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00AM.
· A class on Creating Resumes with Word Templates will be taught on Friday, February 27 at 9:00AM. Then at 10:00AM Genealogy Research Using HeritageQuest is offered. This class will teach students to use HeritageQuest to search for U.S. Census records.
All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or check the library website, www.NewportLibrary.org.