The Lincoln County Fair to kick off July 10-12! And they want LOCAL ARTISTS to help them promote it!!
The NEW Lincoln County Fair Seeks Artist ASAP
From OSU Extension!
The new year has begun and before you know it, the 2015 Lincoln County Fair will be here! As the new Fair managers, we at the OSU Extension Lincoln County 4-H Program are excited about this opportunity to serve our entire community, which we know is rich with a wide variety of people and activities. To put our best foot forward, we want to kick off The NEW Lincoln County Fair with promotional materials that really capture the essence of our county and all it has to celebrate – created by local talent!
To that end, we are soliciting proposals from local artists interested in designing the Fair Poster, which will serve as the basis for advertising this year’s event. The selected artist will receive an exclusive for the next three years of artwork. This is a fabulous opportunity to showcase your work while showcasing the amazing work of our county.
To ensure we can properly promote the Fair itself, we need the artwork immediately. Therefore we are asking to receive concept proposals by Tuesday, January 20. This does not need to be the completed poster but rather your concept(s) roughed out as much as possible.
To guide submissions, we offer the following criteria. Proposed Artwork MUST:
* Be 11 x 17 ratio – (scalable to 8.5 x 11 or 4.25 x 5.5) with roughly 1/2 left open for information (text) overlay
* Capture a Lincoln County Icon or Landmark
* Include the date – July 10-12, 2015
* Include verbiage “The NEW Lincoln County Fair”
* Include verbiage “Celebrate Lincoln County”
* Encompass the diversity of our county, such as the following verbiage: ARTS – MUSIC – INDUSTRY – RECREATION – EDUCATION – LIFESTYLE
* Foster the sense of community and culture in Lincoln County
Help us to celebrate Lincoln County and the NEW Lincoln County Fair with your suggested artwork. We welcome your inquiries about more information or to discuss possibilities. Contact 4-H Program Coordinator Todd Williver or Program Assistant Michele Osterhoudt at 541-574-6534 or email: Michele.Osterhoudt@OregonState.Edu