COMPUTER CLASSES AT NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Newport Public Library will offer the following free classes during the month of January.
· On Friday, January 9, Online Classes with LearningExpress and Mango will be offered at 9:00 a.m. This class will introduce students to signing up for online lessons in Microsoft Office products, Adobe software, and over 60 languages.
· Introduction to Library2Go will be taught on Monday, January 12 at 6:00 p.m. This class shows how to log in, search, and borrow ebooks and audiobooks from Library2Go. Students may bring their own devices if they have specific questions.
· On Friday, January 16, Beginning Excel (2013) will be taught at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
· Beginning Word (2013) will be taught on January 23 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
· On Friday, January 30 at 9:00 a.m., we’ll teach Introduction to Tablets and iPads. Students are encouraged to bring their own devices, along with any questions they may have.
· On Saturday, January 31 at 11:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will be taught. This class covers the basic concepts of using a PC, such as learning to use a mouse, opening programs, and scrolling.
All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or check the library website, www.newportlibrary.org.