At 12:14pm, the National Weather Service in Portland issued an Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for all of Lincoln County, Southwestern Yamhill County, Western Polk County, Western Benton County, Southwestern Tillamook County and Northwestern Lane County. This advisory remains in effect until 3:15pm this afternoon.
* By noon, emergency management and law enforcement had reported flooded roadways and small stream flooding along the Central Coast. 2 to 3 inches of rain have fallen in the last 12 hours and allowed water to pool in low lying areas.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include Newport, Florence, Lincoln City, Waldport, Depoe Bay, Dunes City, Otter Rock, Triangle Lake, Mapleton, Lincoln Beach, Eddyville, Neskowin, Valsetz, Tidewater, Alsea, Blodgett, Grand Ronde, Toledo, Willamina and Siletz.
* The advisory includes the following highways in Oregon: Highway 20 west of Corvallis between mile markers 1 and 40. Highway 101 between mile markers 96 and 121, between mile markers 123 and 140, near mile marker 156, and between mile markers 182 and 198. Highway 18 between mile markers 1 and 28. Highway 22 from Valley Junction to Salem near mile marker 1. Highway 126 west of Eugene between mile markers 1 and 34.
* Precautionary/preparedness actions… Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, as well as farm and country roads. Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
* Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event. People, structures and roads located below steep slopes, in canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk from rapidly moving landslides.