TERRY THOMPSON – Seeking re-election, Position 3, Lincoln County Commission
* Transportation: “I look forward to continuing the fight for transportation dollars to improve our county roads.”
* Solid Support for Seniors: “I will continue to fight to protect the rights of our county’s senior citizens, to ensure strong community service programs that will protect their quality of life.
* New jobs from the sea with greater access to the ocean for testing wave energy devices, farming methane hydrade from the ocean floor, scientific research to track ocean trends and effects on commercial and recreational fishing,
* Construction of a Newport Campus of Oregon State University with emphasis on oceanographic research.
* Support the OMSI family retreat facility at South Beach to get Oregon’s young students as well exposed to and interested in ocean marine education and research.
* Support and promote the expansion of year round agriculture on the coast using greenhouses, hoop houses and other alternative methods of raising food during the cooler,rainy months. Promote local fresh fruits and vegetables with our growing farmer’s markets up and down the county. Locally grown and distributed food is a good thing.
* Create greater equity among Lincoln County communities so that wage differences are reduced. Help north county to bring up their average wage levels to something closer what we see in the Newport area.
* Keep our Newport-based Coast Guard Air Rescue helicopter. It is absolutely imperative that we keep Newport properly equipped to protect visitors to our coast as well as the men and women who go to sea for their livelihood – commercial and charter boat fishing as well as a huge flotilla of individual recreational boaters and fishers.
I would sincerely appreciate your vote.
Lincoln County Commissioner, Position 3