North Lincoln Fire Rescue Captain Jim Kusz says the fire broke out from food left too long on the family stove in a home at SE 6th and Galley. Smoke alarms alerted the family. They quickly called 9-1-1 and promptly evacuated the house.
Arriving fire units rapidly attacked the blaze which by then had ignited some materials above the stove. In short order firefighters put the fire out. Damage about $10,000 to the home according to Captain Kusz.
Captain Kusz noted the proper operation of the home’s smoke detectors as helping to save the home.
The residents were allowed back into their residence with electrical circuits to the kitchen disabled.
9:15pm Monday night
North Lincoln Fire responding to a report of a house fire on SE 65th and Galley.
North Lincoln Fire has cancelled mutual request from Depoe Bay. Must have the situation under control.
Sounds like the fire’s out.