COMPUTER CLASSES AT NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Newport Public Library will offer the following free classes during the month of September.
· Introduction to Pinterest will be taught on September 5 at 9:00 a.m. This goes over how to create a Pinterest account, create boards, and pin images from your computer or a website. Introduction to Facebook will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches the basic features of Facebook, with an emphasis on privacy settings.
· On Friday, September 12 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Evernote will be taught. This class shows how to get organized by keeping track of lists, notes, websites, and more.
· Beginning Excel will be taught on Saturday, September 13 at 1:00 p.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns.
· Intermediate Excel will be offered at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 16. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
· An Overview of Library Databases will be taught on Friday, September 19 at 9:00 a.m. The Newport Public Library subscribes to dozens of databases that are available remotely to all Newport Library cardholders.
· Beginning Word (2007) will be taught on Friday, September 26 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or check the library website, http://newportoregon.gov/dept/lib/class.asp