Residence at 1147 So. Bay Road is said to be smoking – possibly connected with illegal use of fireworks.
Firefighters pulled up to find that the resident had doused the fire, indeed caused by fireworks. He used his garden hose.
Firefighters remind us that use of fireworks at this time of year is extremely dangerous – an escaping fire can run up ridgelines and take down homes and outbuildings very quickly.
They urge everyone to refrain from any unauthorized use of fire in the outdoors due to the current extremely dry conditions. Use of fireworks at this time is illegal and is subject to stiff fines.
*** A correction on the address. The people reporting the smoke were at 1155. The fire was at 1147, just so there’s no confusion.