Although the town has had two medical marijuana dispensaries operating within the city limits for at least a month or more, the Waldport City Council will adopt next week its own added rules and regulations some of which are beyond what the state already requires.
City Manager Kerry Kemp has delivered to his council 11 main rules that the existing two and any additional medical marijuana dispensaries must follow in order to preserve their right to do business in Waldport.
Here they are:
* Medical Marijuana Dispensaries are not allowed to set up shop in residential dwelling units.
* Drive-through access is not allowed.
* Dispensaries may operated 7 days a week but only between the hours of 9am to 7pm, the same as liquor stores.
* No minors are allowed on the premises unless accompanied by an adult.
* No products may be consumed on premises except by medical marijuana card carrying employees.
* All products must be contained in child-resistant packaging that is not attractive to children.
* All dispensary employees will have criminal background checks made on them prior to employment.
* No products are to be visible from outside the dispensary – no product shall be improperly taken outside the building.
* All dispensary owners shall indemnify the city and its employees and waive any and all liability claims against same.
* Dispensary owners/employees shall report any disturbances or unlawful activity to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office and post a warning sign in plain view to all who enter the dispensary.
* Violation of above regulations may result in the revocation of a dispensary’s business license.
The Waldport City Council may go into greater detail than what is described above and make modifications based on their preferences or from whatever public testimony is presented to the council.
The Waldport City Council convenes at 2pm, August 14 at the City Council meeting room at City Hall, 125 Alsea Highway, just east of the fire station.