Siletz Tribe Continues Tradition of Giving
Donations Include $78,047 Distributed Earlier This Month
The Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund distributed $78,047.86 to 37 organizations earlier this month as it continued its quarterly donations to nonprofit groups.
Donations in Lincoln County include:
* Newport Performing Arts Center- enhanced sound system – $2,500
* Lincoln County Foundation – Scholarship – One student – $1,000
* Siletz Valley Friends of the Library – Liability Insurance – $800
* Waldport High School – ROV kits, supplies and materials to compete at regional MATE competition
* Altrusa International of Yaquina Bay – hygiene items, shoe vouchers, clothing, jackets, hats and gloves – $3,000
* Waldport Community Presbyterian Church – Electrical Phase II for community kitchen – $4,800
* Newport Lions Club – School and public health screenings – $800
* Siletz Community Food Program – Liability Insurance
* Newport High Grad Night – Alcohol/Drug Free – $500
* Toledo High Grad Night – Alcohol/Drug Free – $500
* Siletz Valley Fire District – Fencing, electrical service, lighting and ventilation – $4,000
The Siletz Tribe has made contributions through employment, monetary donations and cooperative measures to the Siletz community, Lincoln County and the state of Oregon. The seven-member charitable fund advisory board has distributed more than $8.4 million since its inception in 2001.
Overall, the Tribe has honored its tradition of sharing within the community by distributing more than $10.8 million through the charitable fund and other Tribal resources. Chinook Winds has donated nearly $2.3 million in cash and fund-raising items since it opened in 1995. The casino also provides in-kind donations of convention space for various fund-raisers as well as technical support, advertising and manpower for many events.
The next deadline to submit applications is March 12, 2014. Eligibility for money from the charitable fund is limited to two categories:
Entities and activities located in the Siletz Tribe’s 11-county service area (Lincoln, Tillamook, Linn, Lane, Benton, Polk, Yamhill, Marion, Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties)
Native American entities and activities located anywhere in the United States
Applications and requirements can be obtained at ctsi.nsn.us/charitable-contribution-fund; by calling Rosie Williams at 800-922-1399, ext. 1227, or 541-444-8227; or by mailing Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund, P.O. Box 549, Siletz, OR 97380-0549. Applications can be submitted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.