There’s smoke filling a residence at 240 Overleaf Lane in Yachats. Residents say smoke is coming from the seams in the wall. A wood stove was burning at the time. All have evacuated. Seal Rock and Central Coast Fire Departments are also enroute to assist.
Fire is out. Yachats fire is checking the wood stove and the integrity of the chimney. Yachats Fire Chief Frankie Petrick no doubt is asking the residents the “When was the last time you had your chimney cleaned??” Once a year is the recommended schedule. Even if you don’t much wood. In fact if you’re an infrequent wood stove or fire place user, your chances of getting a chimney fire are GREATER than regular users. But they too should clean out their chimney EVERY YEAR.