The Lincoln Soil and Water Conservation District (Lincoln SWCD) is seeking interested persons to serve on the Board of Directors. District Directors must be elected, but Associate Director positions are also available. Lincoln SWCD was established in 1955 and assists Lincoln county residents and communities in managing natural resources on rural, agricultural, forested, and urban lands. Lincoln SWCD’s program services focus on water quality monitoring and improvement, watershed enhancement, invasive species control, and monitoring salmonid spawning and habitat.
Lincoln SWCD’s Board of Directors serve to work as a unit in planning and overseeing implementation of the District’s programs. Duties include:
* Stay informed of local conservation issues.
* Promote the District’s work to local landowners.
* Promote the District’s work to legislators and other decision makers regarding the districts fund.
* Work effectively with District staff and cooperating agencies.
* Implement District programs effectively.
* Ensure the board’s policies and activities are consistent with the policies of the Oregon Dept of Agriculture, Natural Resources Division and the Oregon Soil and Water Conservation Commission.
Associate Directors do not vote on District decisions but serve to augment the Board’s knowledge and experience level, and assist with District programs and activities. Associate Directors may be appointed by the Board of Directors and do not have to run for election.
The following Board Director positions are up for election on November 6, 2018:
Positions: Zone 1, 2 years;
Zone 2, 4 years;
Zone 4, 2 years;
Zone 5, 2 years;
At-Large 2, 4 years
Zone boundaries, eligibility requirements for Board Member and Associate Director positions, and copies of the required elections forms may be obtained at the SWCD Office located at 23 North Coast Highway, Newport, OR 97365.
Election forms and information may also be found at: https://oda.direct/Elections.
Each candidate must file a “Declaration of Candidacy” and a “Petition for Nomination Signature Sheet” with the Oregon Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Division. The filing deadline is 5:00 p.m. on August 28, 2018.
More information about Lincoln SWCD can be found at www.lincolnswcd.org. Questions about positions can be directed to email@example.com, or phone: (541)-265-2631